In 1907 a sawmill was built on the current property between 24th and 25th on Quincy Avenue . At the time, it was considered the outskirts of town. Before long, the demand for precut lumber soon exceeded the production ability of the mill. In 1908 the name of Wheelwright Lumber Co. was officially adopted.
In 1984, Hal W. Wheelwright became the President and his son Paul the Vice President. A long time employee Gwen A. Skiby was named treasurer.
In 2002, Paul Wheelwright took over as President and Hal Wheelwright became Vice President. Gwen A. Skiby remained treasurer.
Due to increasing business and to better serve our customers, In August 2004, Wheelwright Lumber Co. relocated to their brand new facility at 3127 S. Midland Dr. , on 6 ½ acres of property that contains a larger store and door shop with 10,000 sq ft. each, a warehouse with 20,000 sq ft, as well as a rail spur to bring in quality lumber products by the carload for savings to our customers.